Many thanks to Lauri Fortino from Frog on a Blog for nominating The Beauty of Picture Books for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Little Bear and I are honored to be listed by such an inspiring blogger!
For those who are nominated or those who would like to nominate others, here are the guidelines for participation:
If someone nominates you for this award, you are asked to post the award on your blog and...
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers, link to them and notify them about their nominations.
If you are nominated and don’t follow these guidelines, you will still remain linked on the list of inspiring bloggers. The honor is yours to keep; participation in the process is optional. :)
As Little Bear is our blog's creative director, I'll let him take over from here to share 7 things about himself and 15 of his favorite blogs...
Hello, Friends! Thanks and bear hugs to Lauri and her fabulous frog, Finley, too, at Frog on a Blog!
Here are seven things about me that most people don't know…
1. My typing has only gotten a little bit faster since I learned to write and type for this blog.(You can read my very first blog post here.) That's probably one of the reasons I don't blog that often. (Also, I really need my offline down time to read and play!)
2. I can't draw but I recently tried to draw anyhow to play along with Daily Doodle! (That's how inspiring Daily Doodle is!) The first challenge I took was to draw a dancing bear. The second was draw a cowardly lion. (The lion was MUCH easier to draw!)
3. My favorite new movie is Paddington! I LOVE that guy!! (Other favorites are Winnie the Pooh and Bears!)
4. I love Leonard Cohen and have been to seven of his concerts! I also love Natalie Merchant's "Leave Your Sleep," which is a collection of songs from children's poems!
5. I was born a Grateful Dead dancing bear and my name was Sunshine! Here's a photo of my Uncle Jerry reading to me when I was just a little cub...
6. I work with my BFFs Linda Eve Diamond and Jeff Novick on blogs, video and other fun projects. We've been all around the US for Linda's poetry events, Jeff's lectures, and our totally pawsome vacations! Here's a drawing a local artist, Larry Bell, made of us in Monterey, California...
7. I have a HUGE crush on Esther the Wonder Pig!
Well, there it is! Seven things about me! (To read more about me, visit my bio page!) Now onto sharing a little pawful of our favorite blogs...
Here are our 15 nominations for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award!
- Art is a Way by Elsa Mora
- Fairy Tales Imagery by Söndra Nell Rymer
- Literary Friendships by Audrey Vernick
- A Blog for Your Thoughts by Carmela Dutra
- Marc Johns Serious Drawings
- The Little Free Library blog
- Delightful Children's Books by Amy Broadmoore
- Blue Chair Diary Illustrations Blog by Alexandra H. Macvean
- Picture-Book-a-Day by Amy Seto Musser
- Something for Everyone in the World of Children's Books by Susanna Leonard Hill
- Fred Rogers Center Blog
- The Room to Read blog
- Tiny Tips for Library Fun by Marge Loch-Wouters
- The Imagination Tree: Creative Play and Learning for Kids by Anna Ranson
- National Day of Unplugging